Saturday, December 19, 2015

Welcome Matty

A big welcome to our newest crew member, Matty! She will be joining us as crew for the next leg of our journey through Mexico and beyond. Matty is a seasoned traveler and explorer at heart. Originally from Quebec, Matty has lived in Nicaragua, learning Spanish and speaks fluent French as well as English. She will be a welcome member aboard Sirena!





A message from Matty...

"Hi I'm Matty and this is why I want to go sailing.
There's something with the Ocean; so wide, so mysterious, so powerful. I can not look at the sea without feeling in all my "fiber" totally vulnerable and small. 
Rumi said " Dance, when you're broken open. Dance if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of a fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free"
It been a while that I felt she was calling me, and I think I just couldn't resited to the idea of dancing with her an instant."

So we look forward to our dance on the sea with Matty aboard Sirena!




Shawna and Matty with furry friend at the San Diego Natural History Museum


Here we are doing the installation of the ship name decals...




Matty and Shawna installing the Sirena name and logo









1 comment:

  1. Have a fun and safe voyage down the coast. please post a lot of notes and pictures. Don Volk

    ReplyDelete